The chance of getting a knife from a CS:GO case depends on the rarity of the knife and the specific case being opened. The chances are determined by Valve, the game’s developer, and are not publicly disclosed.
However, according to community estimates and data gathered from case openings, the chances of getting a knife from a case can range from around 0.2% to 1%, depending on the specific case. The rarer and more expensive the knife, the lower the chances of getting it.
It’s important to remember that opening cases in CS:GO is a form of gambling, and there is no guarantee that you will get the item you want. It’s generally not recommended to spend real money on case openings in the hopes of getting a specific item, as the odds are not in your favor.
What knives are rare
In CS:GO, there are several types of knives, each with their own rarity levels. The rarity of a knife can affect its price and desirability among players.
Here are the different knife rarities in CS:GO, listed from most common to rarest:
- Consumer Grade: These are the most common knives in CS:GO and have the lowest value.
- Industrial Grade: These knives are slightly rarer than Consumer Grade knives and have a slightly higher value.
- Mil-Spec: These knives are more rare than Industrial Grade knives and have a higher value.
- Restricted: These knives are rarer than Mil-Spec knives and have a higher value.
- Classified: These knives are even rarer than Restricted knives and have a higher value.
- Covert: These knives are extremely rare and highly valuable.
- Exceedingly Rare Special Items: These include knives such as the Karambit | Gamma Doppler Phase 4, which is one of the rarest and most valuable knives in the game.
The most valuable and sought-after knives in CS:GO are usually Covert knives and Exceedingly Rare Special Items. These include knives such as the Butterfly Knife, Karambit, Bayonet, and M9 Bayonet.
Whether knives are effective as weapons in the game
In CS:GO, knives can be used as weapons, but they are not as effective as firearms. Knives are considered secondary weapons and are primarily used as a last resort when the player is out of ammunition or needs to move quietly without giving away their position.
When used in combat, knives can deal a significant amount of damage in close range, but they require the player to get close to their opponent, making them vulnerable to counterattacks. Additionally, knives have a slower attack rate than firearms, which can make them less effective in fast-paced combat situations.
Despite their limitations as weapons, knives are still popular among players due to their unique designs and rarity levels. Players often collect knives as cosmetic items to show off to other players in the game, rather than using them as functional weapons.